What is Acne ,Pesky Pimple Oily Skin
Acne is a common and chronic skin disease. It is an inflammatory condition of the sebaceous glands and hair follicles. The lesions are usually found on the skin of the face, neck, chest, and shoulders. Nearly six out of ten young people between the ages of twelve and twenty-four suffer from some degree of acne. The disease causes a great deal of embarrassment at an age when people tend to be sensitive about their personal appearance.
The skin is directly connected with and intimately bound up with the working of the whole system. All skin diseases, including acne, are the outcome of malfunctioning of the body as a whole.
Causes Acne ,Pesky Pimple Oily Skin-
Symptoms Acne ,Pesky Pimple Oily Skin-
Acne is characterised by the presence of comedones or blackheads, pimples, small superficial sebaceous cysts, and scars. There are over half a dozen forms of acne, the most common being blackheads. The areas chiefly affected are the forehead, temples, cheeks, chin, chest, and back. In rare cases, almost the entire body may be covered with blackheads accompanied by extensive scarring.
|Home Remedies for Acne ,Pesky Pimple Oily Skin|
Natural Remedies-Home Remedies for Acne ,Pesky Pimple Oily Skin-
1.Two vitamins, namely, niacin and vitamin A have been used successfully to treat acne. Vitamin therapy should comprise the intake of 100mg niacin, three times daily, and 50,000 international units of vitamin A, three times daily. Vitamin E, 400 mg, should be taken once daily. This therapy should be continued for a month.
2. Zinc should be taken in therapeutic doses of 50 mg three times a day. Zinc is available as Zinfet 200 mg . The patient can take a quarter tablet so is to get 50 mg of zinc. In capsule form, Zinc is available as Ulseal- 220mg. One-fourth of the powder inside he capsule can be taken as a single dose. The patient can take a dose of 50 mg daily upto one month or till there is noticeable improvement and then reduce the dose to 25 mg.
3. In this regimen, there should be three meals a day, consisting of fresh juicy fruits, such as apples, pears, grapes, grape-fruit, pineapple and peaches. Citrus fruits, bananas, dried, stewed or tinned fruits should not be taken. Unsweetened lemon or plain water either hot or cold, should be drunk and nothing else.
4. Orange peel has been found very effective in the local treatment of acne. Pounded well with water on a piece of stone, the peel should be applied to the affected areas.
5.Lemon juice should be applied regularly to obtain relief.
6.Pimples disappear without scars when rubbed with raw garlic several times a day. Even extremely persistent forms of acne, suffered by some adults, have been healed with this herb. The process is further helped by eating three pods of raw garlic once daily for a month to purify. The blood stream, so as to secure a long-term clearance of the skin.7. A teaspoon of coriander juice, mixed with a pinch of turmeric powder. The mixture should be applied to the face after thoroughly washing it every night before retiring. Mint juice can be used in a similar manner as coriander juice.
8. The juice of raw potatoes, has also proved very valuable in clearing skin blemishes. This cleansing results from high content of potassium, sulphur, phosphorus and chlorine in the potato.
9. Fenugreek is another useful remedy for acne. A paste made of the leaves of this vegetable, applied over the face every night before going to bed and washed with warm water in the morning, prevents pimples and blackheads.
10. Grated cucumber applied over the face, eyes, and neck for fifteen to twenty minutes has been found effective. It is the best tonic for the skin of the face. Its regular use prevents pimples and blackheads.
11. Hot fomentation should be applied locally to open up the pores and to bring out the waste matter. The affected parts should then be rinsed with cold water.
12. Application of fresh mint (pudina) juice over face every night cures pimples. Clean face with rose water (gulab jal) 2-3 times a day.
13.Never squeeze acne pimples because they spread more on doing so. Never let yourself get constipated. Avoid fried and spicy food.
14. Clean face with cotton wool dipped in rose water 2-3 times a day. Do not use soap.
15.Orange peel is very good in the treatment of acne. Grind the peel with some water to a paste and apply on affected parts. When oranges are not in season. Dry peels in shade. Grind finely to a powder & store in an airtight jar. Mix with water & use.
16.Mix 1 teaspoon lemon juice in 1 teaspoon finely ground cinnamon (dalchini) powder and apply on affected areas frequently. Sift the cinnamon (dalchini) powder to make it into a very fine powder.
17. Crush a few garlic (lasan) flakes and apply on the face, once or twice a day. Swallowing 1-2 flakes of raw garlic regularly, helps further.
18.Grind some neem leaves with water to a fine paste. Apply on infected area.
19.Make a paste of teaspoon each of sandalwood and turmeric (haldi) powder in a little water and apply.
20.Grind some black cumin seeds (shah jeera) with a little vinegar (sirka) to a smooth paste. Apply on affected parts.
21.Mix 1 teaspoon of lemon juice and 1 teaspoon of rose water (gulab jal). Apply on the face with a piece of cotton wool or face brush. Wash after hour with plain water. Do it for 10-15 days.
22.Dip a nutmeg (jaiphal) in unboiled cows milk (kachcha doodh) and rub on a stone (sil). Apply on the face and let it dry. After it dries, rub gently to remove it. Wash off with warm water. Repeat twice a day for 3-4 days. You may also apply this paste at night before going to bed and wash the next day.
23. Rub the bark of a neem tree from the inner side with a little water (like you do with a chandan stick). Apply the paste on the face and leave for hour. Wash off.