Low Blood Pressure – Hypotension
What is Low Blood Pressure or Hypotension ?
Normal Blood pressure is 120/60 mm Hg where 120 is the systolic pressure and 80 is the diastolic pressure. Low blood pressure and 80 is the diastolic pressure. Low blood pressure is an abnormal condition where a person’s blood pressure is much lower than usual, which can cause symptoms such as dizziness or light headness. When the blood pressure is too low, there is inadequate blood flow to the heart, brain, and other vital organs. A blood pressure level that is borderline low for one person may be normal for another. The most important factor is how the blood pressure changes form the normal condition.Low Blood Pressure
A consistent blood pressure reading of 90/ 60 mm Hg to or lower is considered low blood pressure, but a significant change, even a little as 20 mm Hg, can cause problems for some people.
If blood pressure is 90/60 mmHg or less, it is referred to as low blood pressure.Low blood Pressure is also Known as Hypotension.
It occurs due to the insufficient supply of oxygen (via the blood) to the heart and brain.Low blood pressure is equally prevalent and dangerous as high blood pressure.Most people with low blood pressure show no symptoms. For such people, there are no underlying conditions causing the low blood pressure, and hence, no treatment is necessary.when the blood pressure is extremely low, it may cause inadequate flow of blood to organs such as the brain, kidneys, and heart.
Symptoms of Low blood Pressure
- Blurred vision
- Increased thirst
- Pale skin
- Shortness of breath
- Irregular heartbeat
- Difficulty breathing
- Blurred vision
- Clammy skin
Causes of Low Blood Pressure (Low B.P)
Low blood pressure may be caused by drugs such as the following –
Another common type of low blood pressure is orthostatic hypotension, which results from a sudden change in the body position, usually down to an upright position.
|Low blood Pressure (low b.p)|
How Is low BP Diagnosed?
Blood Pressure is measured using two numbers – the systolic first (the pressure in the arteries when the heart contracts and pushes the blood round the body) and then the diastolic (the pressure in the arteries when the heart relaxes and fills with blood between two heart beats).
Blood Pressure is measured using an inflatable cuff. This is positioned around the upper arm. The cuff is inflated and the doctor or nurse listens to the artery just below the cuff as the air is then released. When they can hear the heart beat, they will record the systolic pressure. When the sound disappears, they will record the diastolic pressure. Sometimes an automatic blood pressure recording machine used.
How can Low Blood Pressure Be Treated?
Home Remedies For Low Blood Pressure or Hypotension
1. Drinking Raw Beetroot juice is beneficial for low blood pressure.Drink a cup of beetroot juice twice daily for about one week.
2. Drink strong Coffee & or any caffeinated beverage it temporarily increase your blood pressure.
3. Mix one-half teaspoon of salt in a glass of water and drink itthe sodium in salt help in increasing blood pressure.
4. Licorice tea is Beneficial for low blood pressure patient.Licorice tea is prepared by steeping one teaspoon of licorice herb powder in a cup of boiling water for about five minutes.Take it daily for a few days.
5. Take 400-500 mg of licorice root capsules for a few days.
6. Soak 5-6 almonds in a clean water whole night.In the morning, peel off the skin and grind the almonds into a smooth paste. then boil the paste in a cup of milk. Drink it every morning.
7. Take a glass of carrot juice and add two tablespoons of honey into it mix it properly and drink it twice daily.
Low Blood Pressure or Hypotension Treatment in English
8.Take a juice of one lemon,1 teaspoon sugar and 1/2 teaspoon salt add all three in a glass of water and drink it twice daily.
9. Chew 5-6 Basil leaves every morning . Basil leaves keeps the blood pressure under control and lowers cholesterol levels.
10. Low Blood pressure medication and alcohol – Soak 3-4 raisins in a clean water whole night.In the morning, then boil it with a cup of milk and have it every morning. It increases vitality , blood and helps in better circulation.
11. Take 1 glass juice of pomegranate and drink it twice daily.It help you keeps the blood pressure under control.
12. Take 1 glass of coconut water and drink it every morning.
13. Eat uncooked cottage cheese slices sandwiched in breads.
14. Take 1 glass of buttermilk and drink it daily.
15. Take 1 glass warm milk and add 3 teaspoon honey into it mix it well drink it immediately whenever you feel that your blood pressure is low.
16. Take a juice of 10 to 15 basil leaves and add one teaspoon of honey to it.Drink this juice every morning on an empty stomach.
Low Blood Pressure (low B.p) Remedy –
Following are some of the effective home remedies for low blood pressure are –
17. Take a cup of juice of raw beetroot twice daily. It is one of the most effective home remedies for low blood pressure.
18. you can also hot Epsom salt bath for treating low blood pressure. An Epsom salt bath is prepared by dissolving 1 to 1.5 kg of commercial Epsom Salt in an ordinary bath for 10 to 20 minutes. This bath should be taken just before retiring to bed.
19. Take protein, vitamin C, and all vitamins of B group to for natural treatment of low blood pressure.
20. Take salty foods and half a teaspoon of salt in water daily.
21. Do regular breathing and other light exercises like walking, swimming and cycling.
22. Avoid overwork, excesses of all kinds, needless worry, negative thinking.