Bad Breath- Halitosis Natural Home Remedies
Halitosis refers to foul or bad breath, which is not an uncommon condition. Unfortunately, most people who offend in this respect are completely unaware of their problems. Halitosis is a dental condition which causes bad breath.
Causes of Bad Breath- Halitosis
The most common cause of halitosis is disease gums, dental decay at the roots of the teeth may result in abscesses in the gums with foul smelling pus, giving an objectionable odour to the breath even small holes in the teeth may provide a place where germs can multiply and release foul odours.bad breath
Other causes of halitosis are any conditions of nose, such as chronic respiratory track, or stomach which are associated with chronic infection or local upsets of one sort or other, such as chronic tonsillitis, lung diseases like chronic bronchitis and bronchitis, chronic gastritis, and sinusitis which causes a discharge at the back of the throat. Many cases of bad breath, however, caused by gastro-intestinal disorders, intestinal sluggishness and particularly by chronic constipation. Certain foods, poor oral hygiene, mouth disease, xerostomia (dry mouth) chewing tobacco products, hunger & stomach problems.
Symptoms of Bad Breath- Halitosis
Foul, odorous breath an unpleasant taste in mouth
Home Remedie For Bad Breath- Halitosis
1. Parsley leaves are rich in chlorophyll, nature’s own deodorizer. Chew some leaves regularly and your breath will remain fresh. Alternatively, you can chew some cardamom seeds (ilaichi) to sweeten your breath and remove Bad Breath.
2. Chew some fennel seeds (saunf) frequently.
3. Put a piece of cinnamon (dalchini) in a betel leaf (paan ka patta) and chew it.
4. Boil some cinnamon (dalchini) in a cup of water. Store it in a clean bottle in your bathroom use it as a mouthwash frequently it removes your Bad Breath.
5. Use neem twigs as tooth paste.
6. Powder dried mint (pidina) leaves. Use as toothpaste.
7. Among the several home remedies for halitosis the use of fenugreek has proved most effective. A tea made from the seeds of this vegetable should be taken regularly for correcting the condition. This tea is prepared by putting one teaspoon of seeds in half a litre of cold water and allowed it to simmer for fifteen minutes over a low flame. It should then be strained and used as tea.
Treatment for Bad Breath- Halitosis
8. Another effective remedy for breath is avocado which is far superior to any mouth lotion or remedies for this condition. It effectively removes intestinal putrefaction or decomposition which is one of the most important causes of bad breath.
9. Unripe guava is useful in halitosis. Chewing it is an excellent tonic for the teeth and gums. It helps cure bleeding from gums and stops bad breath chewing tender leaves of guava tree also stops bleeding from gums and bad breath.
10. Parsley is a valuable cure for bad breath. Two cups of water should be boiled and several sprigs of parsley coarsely chopped, should be steeped in this water along with two or three whole cloves or a quarter teaspoon of ground cloves. This mixture should be stirred occasionally while cooling it should then be strained and used as a mouthwash or gargle several times a day. it removes your Bad Breath.
11. All fruits and vegetable juices are beneficial in the treatment of halitosis and should be taken liberally by those suffering from this disorder. Juices from green vegetables are especially valuable.
Dietary considerations for Bad Breath- Halitosis
Patients suffering from bad breath-halitosis should take a well-balanced diet consisting of seeds, nut, grains, vegetables, and fruits, with emphasis on raw and cooked vegetables and fruits. In case of constipation, all measures should be adopted for its eradication. The patient should avoid refined carbohydrate foods, such as white sugar, white bread and products made from them, as well as meat and eggs.